Monday, May 19, 2014

Food Science in the News: Taco Bell, Transparency, and Trehalose

I hate the "don't eat it if you can't pronounce it" mentality. I took organic chemistry, I can pronounce some pretty terrible chemicals just fine, but I have trouble saying "quinoa" and "acai" correctly. Oh sure, I'm not your typical consumer, but like most consumers I do favor greater transparency into what I may choose to consume.

This increasing consumer demand for transparency is why I applaud Taco Bell's emphasis on providing nutrition and ingredient information on their website.
Taco Bell Nutrition Info
Taco Bell Nutrition Information
When it comes to transparency about what's in their meat, the full story is best reported by Food Business News:
Taco Bell, trehalose and the trend of transparency, by Monica Watrous
Taco Bell Nutrition FAQs
Taco Bell Nutrition FAQs

Visit the Taco Bell Nutrition page and see for yourself how much information is readily available. Click here--> The More You Know, The More You Live Mas?

MORE INFORMATION ON TREHALOSE:
(1) Use in one of my favorite products; (2) PubMed Trehalose review of properties, history of use and human tolerance, and results of multiple safety studies; (3) Food Science of Trehalose by Cargill: Chemistry, Functional Benefits, Labeling, Regulatory Info and Nutritional Benefits

OTHER TACO BELL "FOOD SCIENCE IN THE NEWS" STORIES:
The Power of Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment